Find attached the link to the 2009 Zimbabwe Monetary Policy Statement as presented on 2 February 2009 by the Reserve Bank of Zimbabwe Governor, Dr G. Gono.
- Local currency revalued with immediate effect, through the removal of 12 zeroes, accompanied by the introduction of the following new currency denominations: $500, $100, $50, $20, $10, $5 and $1;
- Purchase of goods in foreign exchange vouchers introduced;
- All corporates shall with immediate effect be allowed to pay salaries in foreign currency for their employees without prior Exchange Control approval;
- FCA upfront sales to the Reserve Bank by exporters has been reduced from the current 15% of exports to 7,5%, with effect from 1 February, 2009;
- All gold producers shall retain 92,5% of their sales in foreign exchange;
- ZSE trading: A financial sector stability levy of 1.5% shall be payable to the Reserve Bank in foreign exchange; and each seller of shares in foreign exchange shall liquidate 3.5% of proceeds to the Reserve Bank at the going interbank exchange rate.